When skin loses its elasticity and causes sagging, it can make you look older and tired. That is why facelifts are a popular cosmetic surgery; they help rejuvenate the face and give you a more youthful appearance. However, not all facelifts produce the desired result. In some cases, a facelift revision is necessary to correct problems.
Five Situations When a Facelift Revision is Absolutely Necessary
- Unsatisfactory Results: The primary reason for a facelift revision is unsatisfactory results. Sometimes the initial facelift surgery does not achieve the desired outcome. This could be due to poor surgical technique, lack of experience of the surgeon or unrealistic patient expectations. A revision facelift can correct the initial mistakes and provide a more satisfactory result.
- Complications: Facelift surgery is a complex surgical procedure, and there is always a risk of complications. While rare, some complications may require revision surgery. For example, if a hematoma (a blood collection under the skin) occurs after surgery, it may need to be surgically drained. If a nerve is damaged during surgery, it may need to be repaired.
- Natural Aging Process: Even after a successful facelift, the natural aging process continues, and the skin may start to sag again. In such cases, a facelift revision may be necessary to maintain the initial results. A revision facelift can address the new changes and provide a refreshed look.
- Weight Loss: Significant weight loss can cause the skin to sag, and a facelift may be necessary to address this issue. In addition, a revision may be required to maintain the initial results if a patient loses significant weight after their initial facelift.
- Botched Surgery: Unfortunately, not all facelift surgeries are successful. If a patient has had a botched facelift, revision surgery is essential to correct the problems. This may include correcting uneven results, removing excess skin or addressing any other issues caused by the initial surgery.
Consult an Experienced Plastic Surgeon if You Need a Facelift Revision
A facelift revision is sometimes necessary. Contact Dr. Eric Cerrati to discuss a facelift revision if you have noticed any problems that need correcting. Regarding facelift revision surgery, Dr. Cerrati has years of experience and can provide you with the stunning results you want.
Posted on behalf of